Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Job Burnout ?

Found this interesting link off Slashdot:

fabricator.com

It describes the syndrome know as 'Job Burnout' and the common signs of this.

From the article:

I feel tired even though I’ve gotten adequate sleep.
I am dissatisfied with my work.
I feel sad for no apparent reason.
I am forgetful.
I am irritable and snap at people.
I avoid people at work and in my private life.
I have trouble sleeping because of worrying about work.
I get sick a lot more than I used to.
My attitude about work is “why bother?”
I get into conflicts at work.
My job performance is not up to par.
I use alcohol and/or drugs to feel better.
Communicating with people is a strain.
I can’t concentrate on my work like I once could.
I am bored with my work.
I work hard but accomplish little.
I feel frustrated with my work.
I don’t like going to work.
Social activities are draining.
Sex is not worth the effort.
I watch television most of the time when not working.
I don’t have much to look forward to in my work.
I worry about work during off hours.
My feelings about work interfere with my personal life.
My work seems pointless.


Since I can identify with almost all of those statements I guess I'm suffering from it.
The problem I need to work out, is it the field/career I have chosen, or this specific company ?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home